Nauticus: Planet or Plastic

Nauticus's newest exhibit Planet or Plastic by National Geographic shows visitors how dependent we have become on plastic, and how much it has overrun our world. The exhibit itself is mostly photographs and sculptures, but can prompt a discussion about reducing consumption with kids as young as preschool. What stood out to me was the photos of the yogurt containers and veggie pouches floating in the ocean. 

These photos are a stark contrast to the beautiful aquarium exhibits at Nauticus. Seeing our toddler captivated by these fish reminds me again that it is important that aquatic species live on. I am constantly searching for new ways to reduce my plastic consumption, and I'm always open for new ideas. If you're on this journey too, join our Facebook Group and add to the discussion!