Currently: March

March has been an insane month for me. We had two field trips at school, a feeding the homeless event where we cooked for 70 people, but most importantly a huge multi-family yard sale at my mom's house for the Pancreatic Cancer Society. We raised almost $2,000 to go towards our goal of $20,000. I've been asking local businesses to donate items and gift cards to create baskets for our upcoming silent auction. My goal is to raise $20,000 for pancreatic cancer research. (My team's page is here, in memory of my father.)
Image result for pancreatic cancer

Watching: Okay, okay, okay. I've recently been binge watching Sisterwives on hulu. I am fascinated. For example, how do they go out to eat? How far in advance do you need that reservation? Do you have to book a private room? How do they afford it all? It's got me thinking, what meals do you cook for that many people? I literally have so many questions. They all seem like lovely people, but how do they make it work, even taking the emotions out, but just logistically!?
Reading: The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco. This book has some magic, fantasy, resentment, and mystery all together. It flips between present and past to tell a story of Tea, the bone witch. This is the first book of the series, and number two just came out.
Eating: Lots of rice. You may remember my dog Reggie's stomach issues all over my car. He needs some rice to balance him out, so we have all had rice the past few days since I made a ton of it. Good thing, it's one of R's favorite foods. He likes to eat it throw it, put it in his hair... I'm in a little bit of a dinner rut. We seem to constantly have a little of this and a little of that in our fridge, but I haven't had time to stop and really cook some good meals in a while. We did just have a really good Greek salad and pizza. Yummm. 

Doing: After R goes to bed recently I've caught myself spending a lot of time looking at pictures. Old pictures on my phone of him, pictures of my dad, pictures of my wedding. I've realized that I need to do a better job at capturing moments of friends and family because you never know how long you'll have. Time seems to just go by so quickly. 
Listening to: Rainy cold days months (aka most of March) always make me want to listen to Death Cab. There is just something so warm and cozy about some of the backgrounds while still having cold and dreary to the bone lyrics that I love. 

That's it for us. What have you been doing this month?