Tarrallton Park

Let's talk honestly- this week has been terrible. We found out horrible news about my father's health, we decided to take away the pacifier, it's just been one bad thing after another. I've been trying to keep big R busy and preoccupied so that he doesn't pick up on any stress. With that in mind, we have been trying to check out some bigger parks around the area.

Tarrallton Park is a 70 acre park in Norfolk that we visited with some friends. The park is great because in one location there is a recreation center, a dirt bike track, three playgrounds, baseball fields, soccer fields,  tennis courts, and apparently they are working towards putting in a dog park.What's awesome about this park too- they have a bathroom!  In prebaby years I might not have been so impressed with a public restroom, but my eyes have been opened and I see the light!

We met up with some friends to play. We started in the preschool playground located next to the school. It's actually the exact same one that we have at my school.


The boys really loved climbing up the steps and running across the little bridge.  We headed over to the bigger kid playground to check that out too. There are big kid and little kid swings.




We didn't head over to the bike path, although I did ride my bike there. When we were little our friends had go karts and we used to ride them there. How our parents thought this was a good idea I'm not sure?
 


While researching park and recreation in Norfolk, I did find this info:
GUARDIANS OF THE GREENERY - FOR TODDLERS!
November 16, An Apple a Day

10:00 a.m. - 10:45 p.m.
Lakewood Athetlic Building: 1612 Willow Wood Drive
The perfect program for toddlers 3-5 years old who are curious about nature and enjoy the outdoors. A specially-selected nature book, nature craft, and adventure awaits! Adults must remain with their children. Registration required. Call (757) 441-5834 for details. 



Could be fun. If you decide to go, let us know. Also, if you have any advice for making my kid not hate me for taking the paci away, send that my way too please!