Children's Museum of Richmond: Amtrak Exhibit

When I heard about Amtrak's new exhibit at the downtown Children's Museum in Richmond, I knew we had to check it out. The exhibit is small, but it has a train drawbridge which was exciting for the boys. Kids can climb aboard the train and sound the horn, drive the trains across the state on the Amtrak lines, play on the train table, and experiment with balancing load on train cars. 

Use your Children's Museum of Virginia membership to get in with a 50% discount. (I've stated before in previous posts that this can sometimes depend on who is working at the desk. I have been where they told me they wouldn't honor this. I've also been where they let us in for completely free. The rule should be 50% and they did follow that this time.) The museum is open Tuesday-Sunday 9:30-5:00. The museum has a new free parking garage just outside. Reservations are no longer required. 

A note about our visit, some changes have been made since our last post on this museum.  The splash pads have been taken out. Also the dinosaur dig part of the museum had nowhere to dig, rather was dinosaur statues to climb on. I'm not sure if either of these were because of Covid, but nothing has replaced these areas to date. 

I love that Children's  Museums offer ways to learn through play. The boys had a great time and asked us to go back and visit soon. 

Other posts on Richmond here: