Massanutten Resort: Skiing with a 5 year old

My dad's life passion was skiing, and when he got sick one thing he made me promise was to teach my kids to ski. I spend more time on a snowboard these days, but I promised my dad that they would ski, so I've let them start there. Massanutten used to have ski school, but with Covid, they have switched to only private lessons.  Lessons last one hour each, and instructors are trained to work with small kids. Lift tickets for ages 5 and under are free with the purchase of an adult ticket. 

I've been skiing at Massanutten since I was three, so it feels like a return home, but every time I go I'm amazed at all of the updates. Currently, Massanutten has five lifts and 18 total runs. The longest run is 0.8 miles, but rumors say they are working on a new run which will be a full mile. 

On the mountain there are several places to eat. The lodge, accessible to everyone, has a restaurant, cafeteria, and grab and go section. Right outside the lodge on the deck is Base Camp. Also at the top of the mountain is a coffee shop. 

Massanutten is located in the blue ridge mountains about 15 minutes from Harrisonburg, Virginia. They frequently blow snow, and they have night skiing on the weekends. Tubing is also super popular. Tickets for everything must be bought in advance, and they do sell out quickly. The views are beautiful, and the mountain is a great place to spend time with family.