Celebration in Lights


Over a million lights come together for Newport News' 29th season of holiday lights. Each night from 5:30-10:00 over two miles of Newport News Park gets lit up with displays ranging from depicting the seasons to Civil War battles. This display is the most affordable in Hampton Roads at only $12.00 per car Monday-Friday or $15.00 per car Friday-Sunday. Tip: If you purchase advanced tickets at the Newport News Visitor Center, they are only $10, and they can be used any night. 

I have a vague memory of my dad taking me to these lights as a kid, but it was the first time since then that I had even been to Newport News Park. The park sits on the Yorktown line, and apparently it has lots of Civil War history, being part of the Battle of Yorktown. Lee Hall and the Monitor Merrimack can be seen as part of the lights. The trains were the biggest hits of the night for my two guys!