A Letter Before Your 5th Birthday

RT,
    It's hard to believe that at this time five years ago I was headed to the hospital, ready to meet you. I have learned so much in these five years, about myself, about my beliefs, and about my family. This chapter of my life is by far the best, and it all started the day I met you.  You are so smart. You care deeply about your friends and about the world around you. You love picking flowers to put in vases for me and making sure your brother has everything he needs. Covid has taken a lot from you in the past year, but I've watched you become resilient.

Even with Covid we have managed to have an awesome year. We traveled down to North Carolina and up to Baltimore, plus west to Williamsburg, on to Richmond, and even to the Blue Ridge. We explored new museums, went skiing together for the first time, raised money for Pancreatic Cancer, and even rode on a train pulled by a real Thomas engine. You took an interest in whales, and we took a trip to see them migrating with your class. 

I love your easy going spirit, your general disposition, and how great you are with your brother. I love that you make up songs and that gymnastics has given you a whole new set of physical skills. I am so looking forward to spending the summer together, even though for the first time you'll be spending a week of it at camp. I love the little man you have grown into, and I am so excited to see what you do next.


Love, 
Mama