The Virginia Flower & Garden Expo Backyard Party

I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of yard work. I love being in my yard, but putting the time in to make it look good just isn't my thing. I love looking at flowers, but planting them myself or remembering to water them just isn't for me.  But I found myself at the Virginia Flower & Garden Expo Backyard Party this weekend and had a blast.
Among the vendors were displays of grills, bird feeders, dipping oils, honey, backyard set ups, fire pits, tons of plants, home made baked goods, and more. The children's section was one of the best I've seen at a non children's event. There were bird feeders to make, fairy wands to roll, sensory bins and boards, backyard games, face panting, and a clown. The best part was that kids under 12 were free, and all kids' activities were included. 
There were tons and tons of booths. There were chickens to pet and Amish baked goods to eat, owls to see, lots of educational displays and lots of talks on the garden stage. There is a $2.00 off coupon on Facebook, and they are open still Sunday, January 26th. Stop by!