She Works Hard for the Mommy v.4



Hi all! My name is Mary. I'm originally from New York. I came to Hampton Roads 16 years ago because my father relocated from New York to Cape Charles. I got hired with Norfolk Public Schools teaching kindergarten. I then got my masters in educational leadership at Regent. I have two beautiful little girls ages 7 and 8 and work in West Ghent where my girls attend school. I love being able to see them at lunch and recess each day! It also helps because we are on the same schedule, so I don't have to pay for before or after school care. I now teach first grade and absolutely love the students, staff, and family at my school. The girls and I also live in Ghent and enjoy being able to walk to school together. My biggest challenge as a single mother and teacher is being able to make ends meet.



To combat that I have a few side hustles. I teach workshops at Kitsch, a shop on Shirley Avenue behind Red Dogs. They sell handmade gifts by Virginia artisans. I also started my little side business of making farmhouse style wooden signs and Trays after being inspired by Fixer-Upper!  Recently I began hosting painting birthday parties with my company Easy Peasy Parties. I teamed up with two other talented teachers from Taylor Elementary. One is a baker and the other does hand lettered invitations. The package deal has been a huge hit! Being a teacher and knowing so many kids and families in the has helped spread the word about my service tremendously! Im really excited about how successful the idea has been so far and look forward to helping families have easy, fun, effortless birthday parties in their home!


The parties run for two hours. We arrive thirty minutes before for set up and stay thirty minutes after for clean up. We provide the canvases and paints, custom cake/cupcakes/cake pops in a theme of your choice, and personalized hand drawn invitations. So far we have done unicorns, mermaids, emojis, Minecraft, sharks, and puppies, but are always up for the challenge of something new!



Thanks Mary! Feel free to contact her for info on a party with Easy Peasy Parties. I love supporting things that other moms and fellow teachers do! It's also cool for a new birthday party idea. If you or someone you know is interested in being featured on "She Works Hard for the Mommy" send me a message!